"Those who dance are considered to be insane by those who can't hear the music."
- anonymous


Friday, April 2, 2010

New Name

I have changed the name of my blog because I am changing too.
I believe I can find the happiness and peace I have wanted in my life for so long. But I am going to need a plan to figure out how to go about it sucessfully.

It's not going to be easy because there is so much for me to sort out, my first step will be to get professional help through a counselor. I've gone to counseling in the past but did not stay long enough to see the results that I needed. I left too soon for reasons such as; feeling I should be over the pain in my past by now, knowing others have it harder than me and feeling like a cry baby, feeling as if I was taking too long to make any real changes in my life.
Yesterday I saw a man walking his daughter to the school bus with the use of two canes, I could tell it was extremely difficult for him to walk. Having worked in Nursing Homes with Rehabilitation Departments, I thought this man was probablly getting some type of physical therapy.
That is when I started to think that I should view my emotional therapy as I would if I needed physical therapy. I would not consider myself a cry baby or weak for any physical disability, I would not get mad at myself if my body did not heal quickly. So this is what I need to change about my own perception about emotional therapy and take the time I need to heal and make the positive changes that I want to see in my life. I don't need to feel rushed about it, just enjoy any progress I make.

I feel better already!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think you sound like you are on the right track. Remember to not be so hard on yourself and focus on your successes!

    ReplyDelete

Dymphna