Snack Mix Bars
Adapted from Inn Cuisine
- 3 cups pretzel sticks, snapped in half
- 2 1/3 cups chex cereal (I used rice, you can use what you like best)
- 2 cups m&ms (use whichever you like best, I did a mixture of plain, peanut, and peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (any kind)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
In a large bowl, combine pretzels, cereal, m&ms, and chocolate chips. Set aside.
In a large sauce pan, melt together the butter and peanut butter over low heat. Stir in the marshmallows and continue to cook over low heat until the marshmallows are melted.Pour over the snack mix and toss to coat.
Press mixture into a 9×13 pan lined with wax or parchment paper. Firmly press mixture together to ensure that the bars stick together when they have cooled. Refrigerate until the mixture is completely cool and firm. Cut into bars and serve.