"Those who dance are considered to be insane by those who can't hear the music."
- anonymous


Saturday, January 16, 2010

I want to make this....I find such good recipes at Eat at Home all the time. And I love her pictures.



Here’s what you’ll need:

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup oil
  • 1 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
  • 1 cup grated carrot (2-3 carrots)
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup nuts, optional
Stir together the dry ingredients in a mixer bowl.  Add the others in the order listed, mixing between each.  Pour into 2 loaf pans that have been greased and floured very well.  I like to use Baker’s Joy No-Stick Spray with Flour.  Bake at 325 degrees (that’s not a type, the temp is really that low) for 1 hour.  Remove from the pans immediately.
The ingredients call for only 1 cup of crushed pineapple.  I could only find a 20 oz can.  I just dipped 1 cup out with a spoon.  The rest could be used in another recipe or fruit salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dymphna